The pandemic has changed how we lead our lives, including how and where we work and how often we opt for conveniences like grocery delivery and online shopping. COVID-19 has also changed our health and wellness needs along with how we manage them. Now, more than ever, there is a need for mental health and wellness programs that can adapt and meet us where we are: online, over the phone, or in person.
At A Fresh Start Therapy, we are here to meet your mental health and wellness needs with various mental and behavioral health services that include alternative healing options. Call us today at 855.325.3909 to learn how our holistic therapies can be a part of your self-care regimen.
The Pandemic and the Need for Self-Care
Busy lifestyles were the norm, and many people even prided themselves on their jam-packed schedules. The pandemic brought that all to a halt and forced most of us to hunker down in our homes in a way never before seen. If you thought your cabin fever was bad when you were stuck inside a few days during a winter storm, COVID brought it to a whole new level.
With all of the extra time spent at home and concerns about the spread of the coronavirus, many people began to struggle with their health and wellness. Social media was filled with tales of woe:
- Memes poked fun at packing on pandemic pounds due to home cooking and gym closures. Some even mentioned binge drinking as a way to deal with being cooped up.
- Parents shared horror stories of trying to work from home while assisting children with remote learning.
- Couples joked about the longevity of their relationships after being holed up together 24/7.
The challenges of pandemic life were all new to us, and our bodies and minds were not quite sure how to handle everything. Little did we know that the pre-pandemic trend of self-care could provide what we so desperately needed.
The Changing Landscape of Health and Wellness
We are more than a year into the pandemic and have started to adapt to new ways of thinking about our well-being. Self-care has become the new normal. More people are paying attention to their health, especially their immune health, in light of the virus.
The transition to the new normal for health and wellness has included:
- A noticeable increase in the sales of nutritional supplements, especially those designed to boost immune function – Vitamin C and herbs like echinacea and elderberry became staples in many households.
- Increased interest in products and services to help manage stress – The pandemic unearthed mental health conditions in people who were previously able to busy themselves and ignore how they felt. More people consider natural health alternatives for mental health treatment and try new therapies like telehealth services, yoga, meditation, and supplements.
- A renewed interest in the great outdoors – Once parks and forests reopened, people started to flood them with vigor.
- A slew of virtual fitness classes and home gym equipment provided by the home fitness industry – To help maintain social distance from others, people seek out new ways to exercise at home.
Although it took a pandemic to get many of us to pay more attention to our health and wellness, the bright side is that self-care has become the new normal.
Try an Alternative Healing Approach at A Fresh Start Therapy
When you are looking for new ways to support your overall well-being, give one of the mental health and wellness programs at A Fresh Start Therapy a chance. Our range of holistic therapy options addresses your mental, physical, and emotional health needs. Call us today at 855.325.3909 to learn more about incorporating natural health and alternative healing into your mental health treatment.