Depression affects everyone no matter their age, sex, religion, or skin color. Many times, those who need depression treatment the most are the ones who do not realize they are depressed. A depression treatment program can help you understand where your depression is coming from and teach you healthy coping skills to stop negative thinking patterns and self-destructive behavior.
At A Fresh Start Therapy, our depression treatment program focuses on a holistic, whole-person approach to treating your depression. Your individualized treatment will include various behavioral and personalized therapy to get to the bottom of your depression and help you regain your happiness. If you or a loved one is struggling with depression, call 844.957.3794 today to speak with our caring staff about whether you need depression treatment.
How Depression Affects Your Brain
Depression has a physical effect on your brain. Research has shown that those who suffer from depression have increased brain inflammation, decreased grey matter or neuron creation, and an enlarged amygdala, which is known to cause sleep disruption, emotional issues, and lower cognitive function.
Fortunately, treating depression can reverse these changes and restore some of your normal brain function, depending on the severity of the depression. If you are not sure if you or someone you know is depressed, here are some common signs of depression that you can look for:
- Lack of interest in doing things you enjoy
- Always feeling tired
- Trouble concentrating
- Obsessive thinking
- Increased anxiety
If you or someone you know need depression treatment, help is available at A Fresh Start Therapy. Our depression therapy is in a safe and nurturing environment where you will be encouraged to dive deep into yourself and rediscover your beautiful smile.
Finding the Right Depression Treatment Program for You
There is no one-size-fits-all depression treatment program. Depression is unique to the individual, and so is the treatment. After enrolling in a treatment facility, your depression treatment program is developed based on your individual needs and may include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy – CBT helps you connect your thoughts and feelings and understand how one can affect the other. You will learn healthy coping skills to deal with your negative thoughts and discourage bad habits.
- Trauma therapy – Depression caused by past trauma is difficult to treat without confronting the trauma and learning to let it go. Trauma therapy can help teach you positive coping skills to deal with the trauma without letting it affect your emotional state.
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy – MBCT helps patients learn to stop focusing on the past and live in the moment. MBCT is great for improving brain function and overall wellness.
- Motivational and life coaching – Depression is a self-esteem killer. Part of your depression treatment program will help you rediscover your power and get back to living the life you always wanted.
- Play therapy – For children living with depression, talk therapy can become overwhelming. Play therapy can help develop problem-solving skills and prevent destructive behavior through games and activities. They can improve self-esteem and learn how to express their feelings instead of hiding from them.
If You Need Depression Treatment, Call A Fresh Start Therapy Today to Begin Your Depression Therapy
In the US, one in four adults will suffer from depression at some point in their lives. Yet, many people will not seek readily available treatment because they do not think they are depressed or are ashamed to admit they have a problem. At A Fresh Start Therapy, we want to help you get control of your life back and find your happiness.
Our wholeness approach to your depression therapy will include individualized mental health therapy to help you face your depression head-on and work on the underlying issues. Whether from a traumatic past or recent event, emotional abuse, postpartum depression, or bipolar disorder, our certified therapists will work with you in a friendly and welcoming environment.
If you or someone you know need depression treatment, call 844.957.3794 today to begin your depression treatment program.