Young adults can face difficult challenges as they go out and experience life’s firsts through college, a new job, and new relationships. If they do not have the mental skills necessary to face these challenges, minor problems can turn into significant issues if not addressed. Counseling for young adults can help your son or daughter cope with the new experiences they will face as they venture out independently for the first time.
At A Fresh Start Therapy, we help young adults develop new coping skills and teach them how to deal with sudden life changes. If your young adult is having trouble, call 855.325.3909 today to learn more about how we can help them.
Finding the Right Therapist Who Specializes in Counseling for Young Adults
Finding the right therapist for your son or daughter to help them develop crucial skills that will benefit them for the rest of their lives is significant for their mental wellbeing. If a child does not have the mental fortitude to confront new experiences, they can struggle to perform their best.
Young adult therapy can help your son or daughter in all aspects of their changing lives:
- Employment challenges
- Gender identity
- Substance abuse
- Depression and anxiety
- Family dynamics
- Unexpected pregnancy
- Lack of self-confidence in their abilities
- Criminal activity
At A Fresh Start Therapy in Washington DC, we provide counseling for young adults and their families to help everyone understand the difficulties they may be facing. A lack of communication is one of the most significant contributors to not understanding your child’s needs. We will help everyone learn better communication skills to work out any issues that may come up.
What Types of Therapy Programs Will Best Help Your Young Adult
Understanding your young adult’s needs is the first step in determining the best course of action in getting them the help they need to improve their mental health and wellbeing. Our certified behavioral therapists will work with your son or daughter to better understand the issues they are facing and teach them coping mechanisms in our young adult therapy programs. Some of our therapeutic approaches include:
- Behavioral therapy – Individual behavioral therapy will help discover the underlying issue and teach young adults how to change their behavior through cognitive-behavioral and dialectical behavior therapy programs.
- Family therapy – We are a product of our environment, and sometimes finding the root issue means the whole family will need to be involved. A therapist will watch your interaction with each other to identify and fix any present problem areas. Family dynamics can be very complicated, which is why getting everyone involved in your young adult’s therapy is vital for their success.
- Group therapy – Group therapy is ideal for exposing your young adult to others facing similar issues and getting a different perspective. When they see others facing their problems, it will encourage others to do the same thing and speak up.
- Play therapy – Play therapy can be beneficial if your son or daughter has trouble opening up to their therapist. Physical activity can help relax those with poor communication skills and teach them how to open up to others.
A Fresh Start Therapy: Helping Young Adults in DC
At A Fresh Start Therapy, we specialize in young adult therapy to give your son or daughter the tools they need for better mental health. Getting young adults to open up to you about issues they face can be difficult if they do not have the communication and coping skills necessary to survive daily life. Sometimes the best thing for them is to enroll in counseling for young adult programs to give them the skills they need for a healthy state of mind.
At A Fresh Start Therapy in DC, our trained counselors and staff will help give your son or daughter the coping skills they need to face the many challenges ahead of them. Call 855.325.3909 today to see how our young adult therapy programs can benefit them and the whole family.