Tens of millions of people in the United States experience mental health difficulties at some point in their lives, but many never receive treatment. If you are struggling with your mental health, you don’t have to suffer alone.
Our modern lifestyles can lead to stress and overwhelm but know that it’s okay to ask for help. Whether you’re experiencing anxiety from job loss or having difficulty keeping on top of all the things life throws your way, at A Fresh Start Therapy, we can help. We offer programs for children and young adults in need of counseling and individual therapy sessions. We provide a wide array of therapeutic services to meet your mental health needs and help you get back to feeling like yourself again. Find out what you can get out of therapy by calling us at 844.957.3794.
Types of Therapy Available
If you live in the Washington, D.C. area, you will want to find a convenient location that offers the therapeutic services that best meet your family’s mental health needs. Understanding more about the different types of mental health therapy can help you decide which may work for you.
Some of the most common types of individual therapy sought out by clients include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) – explore how your thoughts affect your feelings and work together with a therapist to modify unhealthy thought patterns.
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT) – helps you focus on the present moment through guided activities such as meditation and breathing exercises.
- Motivational and life coaching – learn how to set and achieve goals for your life and career. Motivational and life coaching can help you shed negative thinking that can hold you back from realizing your best self.
- Play therapy – Specially designed to assist children with their mental health issues, play therapy can help children learn self-expression and problem-solving in relevant ways.
- Trauma therapy – If you are suffering from post-traumatic stress from abuse or a traumatic event that’s interfering with your quality of life, trauma therapy can help soothe the emotional distress and empower you with healthy coping strategies.
- Individual therapy – a common form of treatment that involves working one-on-one with a counselor or therapist where clients can identify, confront, and overcome their issues.
Regardless of which type of therapy you choose, you can be sure that you will have one of our caring, well-trained staff members available to listen and guide you through your struggles.
What Kind of Results Can You Expect from Individual Therapy?
When you seek therapeutic services, you can expect to work with a clinical professional who understands where you are coming from to feel confident that your needs will be understood. The many benefits of engaging in individual therapy sessions include:
- Feeling more hopeful about your future
- Stress relief
- Decreased discomfort from stress-related physical symptoms
- Sense of empowerment when dealing with future problems
- Feeling happier with your life in general
- Healthier relationships
- Increased feeling of overall well-being
No matter what mental health challenges you are faced with, know that help is available so that you can reap the many benefits and regain control of your life and mental health.
A Fresh Start Therapy Offers Therapeutic Services for All of Your Mental Health Needs
Located conveniently in the NoMA district of Washington, D.C., and easily accessible by the Metro, we want to make getting help for your mental health manageable and accessible. We understand that trying to fit a therapy session around your work schedule can be challenging, so we offer evening and Saturday appointments.
It’s never too late for a fresh start with A Fresh Start Therapy. Get the mental health support you or a loved one need by reaching out to us at 844.957.3794 today or using the online form.