As life across the U.S. begins to return to normal, we face new business stress that affects everyone as they return to the workplace. Returning to the office after working from home for so long due to the COVID-19 pandemic can cause fear and anxiety. A business therapy program can help you ease back into the workplace by helping you cope with these new issues.
If you feel anxious about returning to the office, talk to one of our therapists today at A Fresh Start Therapy. Our business therapy program can help you prepare for returning to the workplace and feel confident and safe. Call 855-325-3909 today to schedule an appointment with one of our therapists.
How to Manage Your Stress When Returning to the Office
As the pandemic reaches the end and companies begin to call their employees back to the office, you may find yourself feeling a mixture of excitement, confusion, and fear. With so much misinformation out there, who can you trust?
Listening to all of the different voices in our social media feeds and TV does not make you feel comfortable, as the messages can be confusing and twisted to fit a narrative. You have to rely on yourself to make the right decision.
When returning to the office, be attentive to the following:
- Listen to how you are feeling, and don’t dismiss them. It’s OK if you are worried.
- It’s OK if you feel homesick in the beginning. This is normal.
- Be informed about local restrictions and workplace COVID safety protocols.
- Don’t ignore your emotional discomfort. Return to the workplace at your pace.
Talk with your employer about your feelings. They may allow you to continue to work from home or start coming in a few days a week until you feel more comfortable. If you feel the effects of business stress and dreading returning to the office, we can help with our therapeutic services.
Self-Care Tips That You Can do to Help Ease Your Stress
Preparing to return to the office after such a long hiatus presents some challenges, but there are simple ways that you can avoid the stress and anxiety that may come up when returning to the office, such as:
- Meditation: A quick ten-minute meditation break in the morning can ease some stress and prepare you for the day. Do this whenever you feel anxious or worried throughout the day.
- Lunch-time walks: Don’t sit in front of your computer during lunch. You took breaks while working from home, and you should do the same at the office. Take a walk around the office complex to change up your scenery and get your heart pumping.
- Stay up to date with outbreaks: Check your local news for updates about the pandemic. While we are fast approaching half of the US population vaccinated, outbreaks can still happen. Talk to your boss about COVID-19 safety protocols at work and what happens if someone at the office becomes infected.
- Be positive: It can be tough to stay positive when there is so much uncertainty going on. By keeping an upbeat tone at the office, you are helping yourself, and others remain positive.
We Can Help You Manage Your Stress at A Fresh Start Therapy
If you are struggling with the thought of returning to the office, we can help you manage your business stress with our business therapy programs that will help you cope with the stress and anxiety of returning to the office after the pandemic.
At A Fresh Start Therapy, our trained therapists will give you the tools you need to feel safe and happy at the office. Call 855-325-3909 today and speak with one of our caring staff.