The brain is the most powerful organ in the human body. It is the organ that coordinates all of the body’s functionality. Humans must care for their brains. Most people do this, but they mostly focus on the physical protection of the brain. Protecting the brain should also encompass its mental aspect. So how do you assess the mental well-being of your brain? The obvious solution will be to visit a team of professional therapists for help. You can also do this by yourself before seeking help. A Fresh Start Therapy can offer tips on how to assess your mental well-being.
10 Questions to Ask Yourself to Assess Your Mental Well-Being
You can gauge the state of mental health by asking yourself some simple questions. The answers to these questions will reveal if you have symptoms of mental health disorders. Some questions to ask yourself relate to the following ten categories.
- Physical health: The questions in this category relate to feelings of agitation, pain, and restlessness. For instance, how has your sleeping habits been over the past few months?
- State of being: These questions will reveal your level of energy, motivation, distress, and anxiety. Examples include how many times you feel bothered by stress in a day? Do you find little pleasures in activities that you previously enjoyed?
- Choice and control: These are questions about your level of autonomy. They relate to personal aspects, such as pride and privacy. The question is as simple as asking yourself the number of times you’ve felt in control over your life in the past month.
- Self-analysis: The questions establish how you fare on in terms of your confidence and self-esteem. Ask yourself, how confident have you felt about your capabilities recently?
- Level of hope: These questions try to poke your thoughts about the future. They relate to your hopes and goals. They also focus on the steps that you are taking to achieve future goals. An example could be, how often do you feel that your future is bleak?
- Relationships: Relationship questions consider your feelings on how well you fit in society. These questions also establish if you feel supported by people around you. You can ask yourself, how do you feel about your relationships for the past few months?
- Activities: Activity questions aim at finding out how you perceive activities to be. They provide answers to how purposeful these events are to you. Sample questions can be, how frequently do you engage in activities that mean a lot to you? How many important projects have you undertaken recently?
- Academic self-efficacy: How often do you complete assignments within the deadline period? How is your focus with regards to school work?
- Resilience questions: Do you handle yourself well when you face obstacles? How do you cope in stressful situations?
- Past traumas: Have you experienced trauma recently or in the past? Have you confronted and healed from the traumatic event? Do you feel somethings trigger your traumatic experience?
Answers to these questions will help to assess your mental well-being. You should be sincere when providing the answers. This will make the diagnosis more accurate.
Treatment at the Detox Center
Here at A Fresh Start Therapy, we offer a variety of mental health therapies to meet the needs of clients. For instance, we offer the following programs:
Reach Out to A Fresh Start Therapy for Your Mental Well-Being
You can assess your mental well-being by asking yourself simple questions. If the answers point towards a deteriorating, seek help immediately. The sooner you reach out for help, the higher the chances of making a recovery. If you or a loved one needs help with mental health issues, call A Fresh Start Therapy at 855.325.3909.