Trauma is a negative emotional response to an accident, physical or mental abuse, or other personal experience. Many people believe that an event does not affect them because they are in shock that can last over a month. If a patient does not seek help from a trauma treatment therapy program, the feelings and emotions from the trauma will only worsen and often leads to worsening conditions. Mental health programs can help patients get over their trauma in a safe and encouraging environment.
At A Fresh Start Therapy, we are here to help you get over your traumatic event with evidence-based behavioral and trauma therapy to help you cope with your feelings and teach you how to change your negative thinking patterns. If you or a loved one is struggling with depression due to a traumatic event, call 855-325-3909 today to learn more about our trauma treatment therapy program.
What is Trauma Therapy?
Trauma therapy can help patients get over past or recent traumatic events disrupting their lives due to depression, substance abuse, or suicidal thoughts. It can take weeks or even months for trauma symptoms to show up, and often the patient buries the trauma so deep they don’t realize it is causing a problem. Therefore they don’t seek out the right treatment and allow their trauma to worsen.
Trauma can be broken down into three main types:
- Acute – Trauma from a single incident like a car accident
- Chronic – Repeated trauma over an extended period
- Complex – Multiple forms of trauma, such as mental and physical abuse from a loved one
A trauma treatment therapy program will help you focus on the trauma in a friendly and safe environment to face your feelings and develop healthy coping skills. At A Fresh Start Therapy, we offer behavioral therapy and PTSD treatment programs to help patients get through their trauma with our holistic, whole-person approach to trauma therapy.
Different Types of Trauma Therapy
Trauma can come from anyone and anywhere. Some of the more common forms of trauma that trauma counseling can help with include:
- Mental, physical, or sexual abuse
- Community uprising/violence
- A major accident
- Sexual or physical assault
- Natural disasters
Through a combination of individual and group therapy, you will begin to understand how trauma affects you and those around you. Group therapy is helpful in trauma therapy and PTSD treatment. It allows patients to see how trauma affects them and help them process their trauma more effectively when they see others doing the same.
Because trauma can affect each of us differently, there is no one-size-fits-all treatment program. Your trauma therapy is based on your individual experiences and may require one or several forms of treatment:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy – CBT will help you change your thinking process when thinking about the past trauma. You will build positive thinking patterns to replace negative ones.
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy – MBCT helps you focus on the present and how to stop obsessing over past events.
- Trauma therapy – You will focus on your specific trauma in a safe environment where you will be encouraged to face your fears instead of hiding from them.
- Motivational and life coaching – Depression-related trauma can take away your self-esteem and confidence. Life coaching can help you regain it back and live the life you want.
Find the Best Trauma Therapy for You at A Fresh Start Therapy
No two people are alike, and neither is your trauma treatment therapy program. At A Fresh Start Therapy, we will base your trauma therapy on our initial mental health diagnosis and develop a program that will benefit you the most. Through a combination of cognitive-based therapy, trauma therapy, and individual and group therapy, you will begin to confront your trauma in a healthy and safe environment.
If you or someone you know is struggling with a past or recent traumatic event, call 855-325-3909 today to learn more about our trauma treatment therapy program.